A security camera is a very important device when it comes to protecting your business or home area. Most intruders try in these areas hoping to find an opportunity to steal. It is quite simple for you to notice any suspicious activity during the day because you are more alert.
However, it may be difficult for you to monitor everything in your compound at night. So many crimes occur at night such as robberies and kidnappings and anybody around you could be culpable. Therefore, you need a partner you can trust and that is a reliable wireless night vision security camera for surveillance in 2020.
You can purchase night vision cameras as a complete package or as single components. One package runs different cameras that come in different sizes. A complete package normally has the cameras, the digital video recorder (DVR) and all cables required to run an efficient system.
There are so many affordable options and models for you to choose from because night vision technology cannot be ignored by anybody. Investing in a night vision camera is so worthwhile; however, you may have a hard time wondering which night vision camera is the right choice for you.
Night Vision Camera Comparison Table
|Crystal Vision CVT804A||11.77 pounds||Check Price Here|
|OOSSXX||6 pounds||Check Price Here|
|Arlo Security Camera||5.07 pounds||Check Price Here|
|The Arlo Pro Renewed||1.33 pounds||Check Price Here|
|Foscam FI9816P||1.46 pounds||Check Price Here|
|S6 Titan 3G/4GWiFi Security System||5 pounds||Check Price Here|
|Nest security camera||1.34 pounds||Check Price Here|
|Zmodo Eireless Camera||3.6 pounds||Check Price Here|
|Wansivew Outdoor Wireless.||1.2 pounds||Check Price Here|
Crystal Vision-All-in-One 1080P Full HD Wireless.
These cameras from Crystal Vision work great and has an excellent picture for your cost. Another importantly thing you will like is the ease of use of the software navigation. It takes minimal time install even for inexperienced person to navigate the various camera views. You will live the remote viewing from your phone as it works very nice.
The Crystal Vision 4-channel wireless security system is 1080P full HD auto-pair system with 4 x 2MP cameras. You will just plug-in and play. You will only need to mount the cameras, plug the power cords in. The cameras and DVR automatically pair each other, and your system setup will be done in five minutes
- 4 channel input
- Max resolution of 1080P 1920X 1080
- Built in HDD
- Storage capacity 2TB HDD
- Fully wireless
- Camera horizontal resolution 1080P 2MP
- True plug-in and play with Auto pair technology AC powered- Wiring needed
- Dedicated Wi-Fi module for safer and more reliable connection
- HECV (High Efficiency Video Coding)
- Easy to set up
- The picture quality is clear and bright
- Pairing of the cameras is very precise and easy
- Reliable customer support
- Clear night vision images
- User friendly remote view
The only drawback is- if do not have good internet service- you can’t record activities well
ABSTRACT: High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is currently being prepared as the newest video coding standard of the ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group and the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group. The main goal of the HEVC standardization effort is to enable significantly improved compression performance relative to existing standards—in the range of 50% bit-rate reduction for equal perceptual video quality.
OOSSXX –10-inch Screen 8-Channel Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System.
This camera by OOSSXX offers an outstanding resolution of 1080p, along with 8 pieces of wireless cameras for your home or business. With a rating of IP66 waterproof, which means there is no stress when you install it outdoors.
Motion detection recording is another plus point for this unit, as well as an email alarm. Whenever there’s a moving object detected, an image of it is taken in an instant, and you will receive an alert.
The camera is easy to set up and integrate with the 10-inch LCD display and automatically pair with a camera wirelessly. Once you are done download the free App Eseecloud3 from the App store on your smart phone. With the web, you can watch it remotely from any location anywhere on your phone be it an iOS or Android, PC or a tablet.
- 70ft night vision.
- 1 TB hard drive.
- Four 1080p wireless IP67 weatherproof IP cameras.
- 10-inch screen.
- 8-channel support Easy to install indoor and outdoor.
- App support on Android as well as iPhone’s.
- Motion detection and email alert.
- 1-year warranty, which includes free parts replacements and lifetime technical support.
- Excellent video quality
- Easy to set up and operate
- App support
- Excellent night vision and is water proof
- Great range of wireless
- Very fast performance and smooth video playback with overall crisp picture at 1080p
- Performance to price cost makes it worth what you pay.
- I will be frank to say no electronic product that is perfect. But from the cons have gone through this product is a recommendation.
ABSTRACT: EseeCloud3 is a simple, stylish, user-friendly and powerful mobile video surveillance software. It is in continuous improvement for video processing technology and video innovation technology, and providing global security products, professional industry solutions and superior services that continuously create greater practical value for customers.
Arlo Eco Packaging – Wireless Home Security Camera System 6 camera kit.
The Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System is guaranteed to be 100% wire-free, offering you high definition quality pictures, which are clear and good. The camera system detects any motion with ease and with also a wonderful night vision images.
This camera also captures clips and send you alerts even while travelling or right at home to offer you the ultimate peace of mind. The free apps allow remote monitoring wherever you might be. It allows easy watching of views recorded from your personal computer or Android devices that use their smart app. They also offer cloud storage to help you check or rewind up to 1 GB of free cloud recording to see activities you missed.
- 100% Wire-Free HD Cameras with Night Vision
- Night Vision
- Motion alerts
- Free cloud storage
- Lithium CR 123 photo batteries Quick start guide
- Great quality video
- Offers high definition quality of pictures
- Can be set up pretty much everywhere, as these are 100 percent wire-free
- Amazing night vision and offer high definition clarity of pictures even in darkness
- Get instant notifications for motion alerts
- Ability to withstand all types of weather conditions
- App works great
- Easy to install
- Some customers claim there is about a 10-second delay before the motion shows on the phone
- It does not come with a system that stops video once motion ends and you need to have an arbitrary time
The Arlo Pro Renewed – Wireless Home Security Camera System
This Arlo Pro Smart Home Security Cameras are 100% wire-free, it is a HD for indoor/outdoor video cameras for home monitoring. With motion activated cameras initiate automatic recording and alert you via email or app notifications. And comes with free apps that enable remote monitoring from anywhere and with the built-in night vision you’ll even see in dark.
This camera is weatherproof and you can install it anywhere indoor and outdoor. It also works with Amazon Alexa/echo show/fire TV features that you will love that helps you view your live videos with a simple command. The gadget comes with rechargeable batteries that support fast charging.
More on the Product Feature
- 100% wire free power cords
- Long lasting rechargeable batteries
- Quick battery charging feature
- 2-way audio you can listen in and talk back
- Smart siren of 100 decibels
- Wide angle of 300-degree lens
- Live streaming
- Night vision
- Able to use USB storage for local backup
- Works with IFTTT smart homes.
- Audio is clear
- Setup is easy
- Mobile app works well.
- Camera mounting was easy with outdoor mounts
- Video is clear with a quality of 720P which is pretty good
- Unique Features of this product of 3-Second Lookback
- Capture activity 3 seconds before a triggered event so you’ll always know what happened, from start to finish. Available when plugged in and used indoors
- Limited Camera modes.
- Some users claimed battery life horrible but from the research this camera is worth a purchase.
ABSTRACT: IFTT If This Then That, also known, is a free web-based service to create chains of simple conditional statements, called applets. An applet is triggered by changes that occur within other web services such as Gmail, Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, or Pinterest. It helps your apps and devices work together in a new way. Simply it gets all your apps and devices talk to each other.
Foscam– Plug and Play HD Wireless IP Camera
Foscam FI9816P Wireless Night Vision Security Camera is the one among the best indoor night vision cameras. Because it is a plug & play camera. It features the ability to connect via smartphone by simply scanning the QR code on the underside of the camera.
With a continuous day/night the surveillance is accomplished with powerful IR-LEDS for night vision and up to 26ft and a 70-degree wide lens viewing angle, plus 300-degree pan and 120-degree tilt that gives you a guarantee nothing will slip you viewing angle.
Additional Product Features
The Foscam Outdoor Night Vision Security Camera combines a high-quality HD digital video camera with a powerful built-in web server in order to provide live video.
All you people require is an internet connection and viewing device like a smartphone or desktop computer.
Moreover, the “Plug and Play” setup process is also easier than other cameras.
This would be done by simply scanning the camera’s QR sticker with your smartphone. And it will sync with the camera automatically.
Whenever the motion is detected then it will send optional alerts. Video can also be recorded for free to a micro SD card or hard drive. For remote storage, Foscam Cloud service is also available.
- Wireless connection is compliant with IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, up to 150Mbps
- IR night vision (Range: 8m)
- Supports image snapshot
- Supports dual-stream
- Supports SD Card storage up to 32GB.
- Supports IR-Cut auto switch
- Embedded free FOSCAM DDNS (dynamic domain name service) Service
- The Foscam app is a bit limited in its capabilities.
- Setup is little bit feels like a hurdle but is worth it to get.
GSM 3G-4G WiFi Security Alarm System.
If you are in the market and you are in need of a wireless DIY home security camera, then this GSM 3G/4G WiFi Security Alarm System is best fit for your needs. It’s a NEW completely wireless system with built-in 3G/4G GSM dialer. Activates siren then dials your phone or sends a text message in case there is an intrusion in your monitored premise.
This system has a full color screen on the main panel provides a user-friendly interface to quickly and easily see the status of the system, as well as configure system settings. The system also includes a mobile app for iPhone and Android phones so you can control your system from anywhere with your smartphone. The stylish, wireless accessories have a range of 150 feet from the main panel, which can also be increased with an optional signal repeater.
This product comes with three different products Fotress S6 titan, Fotress S03 and Fotress S1
This Product comes with these features that you will also like.
99 Customizable Zones
Application for Remote Access via Smartphone
Smart Outlets allow you to control the power supply remotely (ex-Turn lights on/off)
Ready to Arm Feature Notifies you if something is open
Alerts You When Batteries Are Getting Low
- It works as advertised.
- Extra accessories with reasonable price
- Easy to install
- It comes pre-programmed in the box..
- Wireless siren operates independent of the main panel.
- Wireless range extenders are available.
- Offers great redundancy because it works perfect with GMS and landline.
- Rechargeable Battery Backup on the main unit if the house power is off or cut.
- The small list of sensor.
- No option to extend the system with a camera.
ABSTRACT: Fortress Security was established and founded in 2005 by CEO Michael with the vision of “safety done simply.” Fortress Security is committed to providing quality innovative home security products to consumers at reasonable prices throughout the world. We are changing the way consumers look at home security. We want everyone to rest at ease and not have to spend a fortune doing so.
Nest Security Camera– Keep an Eye On What Matters to You from Anywhere.
Nest security camera is a reliable waterproof and easy to install you can have for your premise security. This camera works with amazon Alexa and is ready to go whenever you want to see. The Nest security comes with subscription its great because of its personal alert settings where it will notify you when someone is coming near roaming around the compound under surveillance.
With this camera you can connect with tablet and IPhone and view both at the same time without logging of because of the multiple share option
Product Specifications and Performance.
- All day live video 1300 vast angle view that allows you see everything in in 1080p HD during day and night.
- A waterproof cable, camera, and adapter hence enhanced durability.
- Night Vision with 8 infrared LEDs.
- IPCC-720W HD Pro 4X Optical Zoom.
- HD 2.0 Mega Pixel, Plug, Wi-Fi and play Outdoor Dome PTZ IP Camera.
- Night Vision, Audio, Blue iris Compatible.
- At 720P, each individual camera requires 200-500 kbps of upload bandwidth while at the same time streaming video.
- At 1080P each of the cameras requires 450-1200 kbps of upload bandwidth while at the same time streaming video.
- You can get notifications on your mobile phone about what is taking place in your home.
- You will know when that parcel you have been waiting for or your kid arrives home, or even when someone is poking around.
- The built-in speaker and microphone allow you to listen in and scare away burglars.
- The camera uses its smart light bulbs to draw your attention in case of an emergency.
- This surveillance device communicates with all other smart devices.
- Weatherproof and can withstand numerous winter storms
- East to install
- Easy to schedule like time of the day or week to turn on or off.
- No memory card slot
- Require good internet solution
- Non-subscribers: no more custom motion and sound detection zones
Zmodo Wireless-Security Camera System.
With Zmodo wireless camera you can set motion detection zones, by focusing on important areas like doors, windows, and you get motion clip alert only when something happens there. The camera also supports basic and intelligent recording.
This intelligent recording compresses video files anywhere motion is undetected and record at whole caption whenever motion is detected, making sure that your storage is utilized effectively.
You can do remotely viewing from multiple devices simultaneously like smartphones, tablets or web view on PCs. They are also fitted with an auto IR LED light for night visions, with a stretched distance of view, going upto 65ft. The unique setting of its night vision allows you to adjust the focus of your vision at night, turn off or on, to give you perfect picture day and night.
- Resolutions 1280X 720
- Supports the mixed use of wireless and wire, facilitates difference scene
- Angle of view 81 degrees
- Remote & Local Playback – Watch the playback either locally on monitors or remotely on phones through Zmodo app.
- Lens 2.8mm
- Module with high-performance and high stability
- Connectivity 2.4GHz network (In compatible with 5GHz)
- Bears Android/IOS/PC distant view
- Platform android 4.0 and Up or iOS 9.0 and Up
- Get instant email alerts if motion detected
- Night vision up to 65ft
- APP loaded on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro, works flawlessly while sharing settings and notices with others.
- Easy set up takes few minutes to connect using the Zmodo app
- Works with Alexa but Alexa devices sold separately.
- Clear crisp HD live feeds
- Value for money
- Cameras are extremely sensitive.
- Doesn’t record audio.
Outdoor Wireless Security HD Camera by. Wansivew.
This is a complete wireless camera for outdoor installation manufactured by Wansview. You will enjoy the wire free Wi-Fi camera that gives you a crystal clear live video. You can use your finders to zoom in and out screen on Wansview App 4-X digital zoom, which can see more details.
It also gives you a 100 degree wide viewing angle. With an excellent waterproof of IP65 the camera can be installed inside or outside, sunshine or rainstorm weather and it will not be an issue for home security.
The camera night vision turns on while viewing live video or an alarm is detected, other time the IR LEDS will be in sleep mode, thus making it not easy to be found if installed outside. The camera has a night vision of 22feet.
Product Features of this home camera.
- Excellent night vision up to 22feet
- 1080P HD live video&110 degree viewing angle
- Accurate PIR motion sensor to send instant alerts
- Large storage of 64GB micro SD card (Not included).
- No monthly fee and No Cloud server needs to connect
- Waterproof grade IP65 allows installing the battery camera outside
- Two way audio allows to talk and listen remotely with wansview App
- Two charge methods, Battery Powered and USB Power supply are optional
- Easy to install
- Great customer care
- Silicon sleeves included
- Wide angle of night vision
- Nice magnetic mounting brackets
- Base station has decent range around the premise
- Support max 64GB memory card but the card is not included
- The best Wi-Fi distance is 35feet from Battery camera to the Base Station!
- No any monthly fee, No subscription, No need to connect any Cloud storage servers!
- The wireless camera can be powered by two 18650 batteries (NOT included), no any wires required!
- The video and picture quality are excellent in daytime hours, and the night vision on this camera is sufficient
The package does not come with the batteries
Types of Night Vision Technology
Night vision technology exists in two different forms. The first one is based on image enhancement and the second one is based on thermal imaging. Image enhancement is achieved by gathering the tiniest amount of light that comes from natural and manmade sources and augmenting it to the level where objects can be seen. Light is also derived from the lower end of the infrared light spectrum which is invisible to the naked eye.
Thermal imaging operates by capturing the upper end of the infrared light spectrum. Thermal imaging is discharged in heat form which is contrary to what most of you think. When an object is warm, it means that it is discharging a higher amount of light.
You will get high-quality color video from a night vision camera during the day. The moment the light level drops below a particular point, the security camera will automatically switch to infrared night vision videos. On the other hand, when the level of light increases to a certain point, the camera automatically switches to color video.
How Night Vision Cameras Work
Night vision cameras use electromagnetic radiation to produce the light that you see. Only a fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum is visible. The part which you are able to see is called the visible spectrum. So many forms of radiation exist which include infrared radiation. Infrared radiation is low energy radiation which is widely used in night vision cameras.
This concept is quite simple in the sense that night vision cameras discharge infrared light which can be easily detected. The major difference between a normal camera and a night vision camera is the fact that a normal camera uses lighting equipment while a night vision camera enables you to see through the dark using infrared light.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Night Vision Camera
Before you head on to buy any type of night vision security camera, you need to know what to look out for. Here are some factors that you should keep in mind for you to be able to choose the night vision security camera that is right for you:
Clear Night Vision
All security cameras have the capacity to work during the day; however, this does not guarantee their capacity to work during the night. A night vision security camera that records a clear image during the night is the best one. With this night vision security camera, you will be able to clearly view dark spots and places with higher vulnerability.
At night, there are so many things that could go wrong such as fights on the road or vandalism and you may be required to provide footage to the police. This means that you should get a night vision camera that produces clear images for the police to identify those culpable.
Easy to Use
A night vision camera should be easily accessible and should be operated by anybody. This is very important because it will reduce the cost of the user hiring an expert. Instead of hiring an expert who relaxes in an offsite location with a remote for installation and operations, you can easily take care of everything by yourself.
The installation process should also be easy and you should not experience any difficulties at the time of installation. This is the reason why night vision security cameras are used in small stores.
A night vision security camera should be able to record video around the clock and at the same time be able to notify you of any suspicious movements detected in the surrounding of the area under surveillance. This feature will enable you to take a step back when it comes to monitoring and leave the security job to the camera thereby giving you the chance to be more productive.
Infrared Sensors availability
The night vision security camera will be able to cover a more visible distance into the darkness if it has more infrared LED sensors. This is because infrared LEDs emit longer wavelengths of light compared to normal light.
These light wavelengths emitted by infrared LEDs cannot be seen by the naked eye. However, the night vision security camera detects the emitted infrared light and uses it to light up the image and reconstruct the image of its environment even in total darkness.
You should be able to get live feeds from your night vision security camera at any time from any section of the area under surveillance. The camera should also be able to cover every section of your house or business outlet so that you can be able to monitor your entire house or business. It should have the central monitoring feature which is wonderful if you have office or house outlets in different places which requires you to monitor them keenly.
The footage derived from your night vision security camera should be automatically transferred into the disk and shared as quickly as possible. It is very important to have backup recordings so that in case of any tampering or during interrogations, the backup footage can act as proof.
Field of View
If you are looking for a night vision security camera for indoor surveillance purposes, you should get a camera with a wider field of view. The wider the field of view of your indoor night vision security camera, the better your chance of catching intruders.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a night vision security camera for outdoor surveillance, you should get the one with a narrow field of view so that it can cover that extra distance. Outdoor night vision security cameras do not need to penetrate into the darkness as deeply as the indoor ones.
There are so many wireless night vision security cameras that may not necessarily work well for you but with this review we have done research that will help you chose what suits you. Hope you to find the one that best suits your needs. Good luck!