Large curved monitors to by in 2021
As monitors continue to grow in size, it is becoming difficult to maintain a precise image across the screen, especially when sitting up close. There is a solution to this, however, curved monitors. With a gentle curve, the edges of your screen will be within your field of view, maintaining the image’s accuracy and uniformity even when sitting near a large screen.
The experience of working with a curved monitor is usually described as “immersive”, drawing you into the scene and lending you a sense of dimensionality which is not available with a flat panel.
Curved monitors can be used for different things, including productivity, gaming, and professional (content creation and design) use. Others are for general home use and business. While it’s true that they are stylish, their appeal goes beyond just appearance.
With different brands and models on the market, and an array of features, specs, and pricing to compare, choosing the right monitor can be overwhelming. Not to worry though as we have reviewed eight best large curved monitors to make your work easier.
1. Asus ROG Strix XG49VQ 49″ Curved Gaming FreeSync Monitor
Asus ROG Strix is a curved super ultra-wide 49″ monitor with ultrafast 144Hz refresh rate and free Sync 2 HDR for a smooth, immersive gaming experience, with HDMI connectivity and DisplayPort. With its 32.9 aspect ratio, this monitor gives you a viewing area that is same as two 27-inch monitors laid side by side.
This marathon-ready screen comes with tilt and height adjustability swivel, and VESA Mount to give you ideal viewing position, all the time. It has a brightness of 450 cd/㎡, and its eye care technology helps minimize eye fatigue and other ailments with blue light filters and flicker-free backlighting.
- 49″ ultra-wide monitor with ultra-fast 144Hz and free Sync 2
2. 1800R curvature for topmost immersive gaming experience
3. Flicker-free technology minimizes eye strain
2. SAMSUNG 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor
For those looking for the convenience of large curved computer monitors, the SAMSUNG LC49RG90SSNXZA is an equivalent of two 27-inch monitors put on a monitor mount side by side to help enhance your productivity.
This 49-inch super ultra-wide QHD curved monitor comes with a 120 hertz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync 2 technology to give you crisp HDR content display, low framerate compensation, and reduced input latency. With HDR 1000, this monitor supports a maximum brightness rating of about 1,000 nits.
Don’t forget that this monitor comes with Samsung QLED technology that delivers brighter and more accurate colors to life. The flicker-free technology and eye saver mode reduce fatigue-inducing blue light emissions, allowing you to play for longer without eye strain.
The best part about this monitor is that it connects to multiple devices, including laptops, Desktop computer, PC, Macbook Pro, and Mac. It is also compatible with PS4 and Xbox, and is optimized for almost any game genre including RPG, FPS, and RTS.
- Samsung QLED technology that delivers colors that are brighter and truer to life
2. Flicker-free technology and eye saver mode reduces fatigue-inducing blue light emissions
3. The equivalent of two 27-inch monitors displayed side by side
4. 120-hertz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync 2 technology
3. Dell Marketing USA LP Ultra Sharp 49″ Screen Led-Lit Monitor
Experience the next-level efficiency of the best dual-curved monitors with the curved largest computer monitor. This 49″ curved Dual QHD will boost your performance and give you an immersive work experience. It is an equivalent of two 27-inch QHD monitors, and it will provide you with multitasking features, USB-C connectivity, and a brilliant uninterrupted view.
With its picture-by-picture feature, you can double your display and view content from two separate PC sources. This feature separates the screen into wings, just like a dual monitor setup, without distracting borders. You also have just one keyboard to toggle between the two PCs, and a Video and Mouse feature.
- Picture-by-picture feature separates the screen into two
2. One keyboard to juggle between two PCs
3. 49″ curved Dual QHD will boost your performance
4. Multitasking features, USB-C connectivity, and a brilliant uninterrupted view
4. Asus Rog Swift PG35VQ 35″ Curved HDR Gaming Monitor
The 35″ uwqhd (3440×1440) curved HDR gaming monitor gives you an immersive panoramic gaming experience with its 2ms (gtg) response time and 200hz refresh rate.
The Nvidia g sync technology delivers striking realism with HDR detailed contrast and color, with the darkest blacks and brightest whites. And, with the Quantum dot technology, you’ll get cinema-standard DCI p3 color spectrum for realistic colors and even gradation.
This monitor makes you marathon-ready with its eye-care technology that minimizes eye fatigue, and its ergonomic stand with full swivel/height/tilt adjustments to accommodate any desk. It easily connects with USB 3.0 type a x2, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0 type b, and DisplayPort 1.4.
- 2ms (gtg) response time and 200hz refresh rate
2. Nvidia g sync technology delivers striking realism with HDR detailed contrast and color
3. Quantum dot technology, gives you cinema-standard DCI p3 color spectrum for realistic colors and even gradation
4. Eye-care technology minimizes eye fatigue.
5. Easily connects with USB 3.0 type a x2, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0 type b, and display port 1.4
5. AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming Monitor
The AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming Monitor is worth trying for those looking for the cheapest large curved monitors. This 34″ Class AOC gaming monitor is currently valued at below $600 on Amazon. It comes with a curved, ultra-wide VA panel with 144Hz refresh rate and rapid 1ms response (MPRT). The two combine with Adaptive-Sync for extra-smooth competitive gameplay.
With its 3-sided frameless design, coupled with 1500R curvature, this monitor is bound to give you an immersive gaming and entertainment experience. It has a brilliant color display for an exciting visual experience.
This monitor is VESA compatible with flickers and height-adjustable stand for comfortable viewing. And, with AOC low input lag, you are bound to get lag-free display from your video signals.
- Height-adjustable stand and flickers for comfortable viewing
2. AOC low input lag for lag-free display
3. 144Hz refresh rate and rapid 1ms response (MPRT)
4. 3-sided frameless design, couples with 1500R curvature to give you an immersive gaming experience
6. Acer Predator X35 1800R Curved 35″ UltraWide QHD Gaming Monitor
Be ready to be transported to a whole new level of 21:9 immersion with one of the best large curved gaming monitors– the predator X35. Infused with hyper-like 200Hz refresh rate, life-mimicking HDR, and a design bubbling with futuristic elements, this monitor is a true definition of the word, epic. The NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE will give you a smooth, tear-free gaming experience. All these is housed in a zero-frame design to provide you with a near-seamless look.
The predator X35 comes with DCI-P3 90% wide color gamut to give you excellent visuals. Light your screen with Acer’s RGB light sense and 512 full spectrum local dimming zones. You also get two speakers running at 4 watts per speaker and 8 game view modes.
- Hyper-like 200Hz refresh rate, life-mimicking HDR
2. NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE will give you a smooth, tear-free gaming experience
3. The zero-frame design offers a seamless look
4. DCI-P3 90% wide color gamut for excellent visuals
7. Monoprice 35in Zero-G Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
Another one of the cheapest large curved monitors, the Monoprice 35in Zero-G comes with an ultra-wide 3440 x 1440p (UWQHD) resolution, and an expansive 21:9 aspect ratio to give you more desktop space for improved productivity.
This monitor will surely boost your performance with its 100Hz native refresh rate, coupled with 4ms OD quick response time. With its 1800 curvature, you won’t be bothered by reflection at the edges. Also, the amount of eye motion required to view from edge to edge is reduced, which naturally reduces eye strain.
This monitor comes with a myriad of connectivity options, including one display port input, three HDMI inputs, and audio output.
- A variety of connectivity options
2. Ultra-wide 3440x1440p (UWQHD) resolution
3. A comprehensive 21:9 aspect ratio offering you more desk space for improved productivity
4. 100Hz refresh rate as well as a 4ms OD quick response time
5. 1800R curvature decreases reflection at the edges, reducing eye strain
8. ASUS ProArt PA34VC 34″ Curved Monitor
The ProArt PA34VC features an ultra-wide QHD panel with 2.4 times the full HD display resolution, making multitasking efficient and more enjoyable.
With an ultra-wide 3440×1440 resolution and an expansive 21: 9 display, this monitor will give you enough desk space to enhance your productivity. There is high color fidelity as well as HDR-10 to ensure true-to-life color.
The ASUS ProArt has picture-in-picture functionality that allows effortless content viewing from different sources simultaneously. The three-sided frameless design has an ergonomic swivel, tilt, and height-adjustable slender metal base. And, with the ASUS eye care flicker-free, coupled with low blue light technologies, your viewing experience is highly optimized.
- 34.1” ultra-wide panel with 3440×1440 resolution
2. Expansive 21:9 display to give you enough desk space
3. Different connectivity options including DisplayPort 1.2, display with 2 Thunderbolt 3, and 3 x HDMI 2.
4. Picture-by-picture functionality for straightforward content viewing from different sources simultaneously.
5. Three-side frameless design
6. Eye care flicker-free technology reduces eye strain.
Do you ever ask yourself this question, why do programmers prefer two large monitors? Well, the answer is that two monitors offer the convenience for multitasking that is required in programming. However, when you buy big curved monitors, you get more than just comfort; you’ll increase the immersion level compared to using flat monitors.
We hope we have helped you choose the best large curved monitor for your needs. We also understand that you need high-quality monitor mounts to mount your expensive screen. So, whether you are looking for a tilting monitor mount or full-motion monitor mount, we have reviews and buying guides for different kinds of monitor mounts.